Upper & Lower Body Nerve Release
August 17 @ 9:00 am - August 18 @ 6:00 pm| $249
Number of CEs: 16
Instructor: James Waslaski
Students should bring:
Manual Therapy to Eliminate Multiple | Nerve Compression Patterns of the Upper Body |
State of the art anatomy and nerve graphics will allow manual therapists to look inside | the human body. Starting with the brain and spinal cord, therapists will use positional | release, muscle energy techniques, and soft tissue balancing protocols to address OA & C1-C2 fixations, cervical kyphosis (military neck), spinal stenosis patterns, stuck facet ! joints, and treat sprains and strains throughout the upper body. Nerve tests include:
- Spurling Test: spinal nerve compression
- Eden’s Test: costo-clavicular syndrome
- Adson’s Test: scalene and first rib involvement
- Wright Abduction Test: pectoralis |minor involvement
- Tests to identify Cubital Tunnel and Guyon’s Canal (uinal tunnel)
- Test for Bicipital Aponeurosis tendinosis: median nerve scarring
- Pronator Teres Test: median nerve entrapment and Tests for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome including |
the Tinnel’s Test
- Phalen’s Test
- and Tethered Median Nerve tests.
Complicated shoulder capsular adhesions will also be addressed, and home care retraining will include spinal decompression, nerve glides and nerve tensioning protocols.
Manual Therapy to Eliminate Multiple Nerve Compression Patterns of the Lower Body
State of the art anatomy and nerve graphics will allow manual therapists to look inside i the human body. The Weber-Barstow Maneuver, and Supine to Sits Test will evaluate for functional versus anatomical leg length discrepancies. Pelvic stabilization will use positional release, muscle energy techniques, and muscle balancing protocols to
- address sacral torsion patterns, iliosacral upslips, joint capsular patterns, femoral nerve
compression, and normal muscle firing patterns.
- Therapists will level the sacral base, and release the Sacrotuberous ligament for sciatic nerve pain. The Straight Leg Test and Braggard’s Test will identify L5/ SI bulges or herniated discs. The Slump Test will identify hamstring strains or adductor strains that scar down the Sciatic Nerve.
- Tibial Torsions and Fixated Fibular Head Conditions will be corrected, by releasing the biceps femoris muscle, to address the Tibial and Fibular Nerve Entrapments. Manual therapists wil also evaluate and release Tarasal Tunnel and Morton’s Neuroma.
- Home care retraining will include nerve glides and nerve tensioning protocols.
Cost of class for Members
AMTA Member Early-bird price (ends July 31 @ 11:59pm) $199
Regular Member Price $249
Cost of class for non-Members $349
Cancellations must be made 14 days in advance for refund.